Monday, January 13, 2014

January studio messes

I have been following a girl on INSTAGRAM and she did the 30 day art challenge.  I was very impressed with all her work.  She painted an oil painting a day and they were all great renditions of apples, and other round fruit.  It stirred me..mostly the envious me.  The competitive me.  The "I think I can do that" me.  And while I don't love oil painting, I do love watercolors but I don't have the life to devote to painting everyday...I am giving January a shot.
I began by assembling my paints and leaving them out so I have to walk by them everyday.  That is hard for me, cuz I like cleaning up after a project, but it is part of my plan.  I am calling this endeavor...If I were an ARTIST!! ( then I would paint more right?)

So far this is what I have finished.

two little mandarin oranges..
 onion trio.....

I am thinking pomegranates next or maybe kiwi....I don't know.  All I know is I keep walking past my palette and
feeling an itch...

1 comment:

  1. The thing I love most about these, aside from the fact that they're beautifully done, is that they're a representation of you DOING WHAT YOU DO. Peel all of that other stuff away, and you are an amazing artist at the heart of all of it. You have an amazing gift (coupled with hard work!) in being able to capture things so beautifully. It's one thing to love pretty things...but it's a WAY cooler thing to be able to recreate them like this. Stunning, lady. Just awesome...

    ReplyDelete